Celebrating one of the World’s oldest and most well know international festivals, Laservision has transformed over 4000 square meters of The Venetian Macao’s façade into a spectacular 3-D, Light and Sound show reminiscent of the festival spirit that is the Venetian Carnevale.
Supported by the Macau Government Tourist Office, this month long event will be one of the World’s Largest Architectural 3-D Video Mapping projects. ‘ The Magical Masks of Venezia ’ Sound and Light show will transport audiences into a magical, mystical and colourful world celebrating the historical Venetian Carnevale which has its origins dating back to the 12th century.
In an opening ceremony attended by Maria Helena de Senna Fernandes, Director of the Macau Government Tourist Office; Paola Guida, Trade Commissioner of the Italian Trade Commission, Filipe Santos Cunha, President of Macau Wine Society and Brendon Elliott, Vice President of Sales & Resort Marketing, Venetian Macau Limited, ‘ The Magical Masks of Venezia ’ was launched with performers entertaining the crowd with aerial dances, fire juggling, music and dramatic acts.
To enhance the Carnevale experience festive activities will be available to audiences, including bandaloop performances, street entertainment, a magical carousel experience, ZORB balls in the lagoon, traditional Venetian mask and face painting, glass blowing, plus wine and dine options.
‘ The Magical Masks of Venezia ’3-D Sound and Light spectacular will be shown nightly on The Venetian façade and will take audiences through a magical journey of a couple who discover the magic of life through the Venetian Carnevale. The couple’s shared experiences of the wonder, mystery and magic of the imagery of Carnevale in its full glory and will be accompanied by a renaissance inspired sound score.
“This year, we are delighted to extend its scale. We are glad to introduce the month-long Venetian Carnevale in grand Italian style to the region and to introduce the best of Italian carnival culture as well as high quality wine and dine options to people visiting Macao. Venetian Carnevale is an attractive destination for everyone, from families with children to young adults, and from locals to business and leisure travellers looking for an entertaining spring respite. It will be an iconic event not to be missed, celebrating classic Italian lifestyle and experiences.” said Brendon Elliott, Vice President of Sales & Resort Marketing, Venetian Macau Limited.
- One of the World’s largest architectural 3D Video Mapping Projects ever created.
- Synchronised via Laservision Digital Data Pump Series III Show Control system.
- It spans over 4000sqm or a staggering 1 acre.
- 5,000 times bigger than the average TV.
- Over half a million lumens of light power, projected onto The Venetian’s façade, provided by 26 High Powered, Liquid cooled, High Definition, Large Format Video Projectors.
- Utilising the latest technologies used for the Opening Ceremony of the 2012 London Olympic Games.
- Combines over 16,000 production hours and 40 crew members from 6 countries to create the unique, customised, Sound and Light show ‘The Magical Masks of Venezia’.
- Designed, Produced and Implemented by Laservision, the Creators of the Guinness World Record “ World’s Largest Light and Laser Show ” ‘ A Symphony of Lights ’ in Hong Kong and Southeast Asia’s “ Largest Light and Water Show ” ‘ Wonder Full ’ at Marina Bay Sands Singapore.
- All the mediums are controlled and synchronised down to the millisecond by Laservision’s proprietary Digital ~ Data Pump Series III (DDPIII) Media Servers.
- The 26 projectors are all seamlessly edge-blended to create a single, mammoth dynamic piece of dynamic art.
- Super High Definition- 13,000 pixels wide (HD TV is only 1080).
- Features the use of the latest generation projection platform that incorporates liquid cooled DLP™ technology and quad-lamp reliability.
- The 10 minutes long 3D light and sound show, “Magical Masks of Venezia”, will be projected nightly at The Venetian Macao, between April 25th and June 2nd , every 30 minutes from 7.30pm to 10pm, admission free.
Laservision is a world leader in Entertainment Communications. Known for our work in Multimedia Attractions, Special Events and Architectural Lighting. Laservision’s original creations are enjoyed by tens of thousands of people around the globe each night. From a one night Special Event to a permanently installed Attraction, Laservision has an enviable track record.
With 30 years of active industry experience, Laservision has repeatedly taken 1st place in a host of International Awards. Modern audiences demand more from a spectacular and Laservision delivers! With an approved Government Research & Development facility, Laservision is constantly devising new and innovative ways to materialise the creative.